How to Apply
Mackintosh Academy’s admissions process ensures that the school is an excellent fit for your student. Through the admissions process, we get to know each child and the child’s first teachers—you, their parents! Together, we consider insights and seek to understand your child as a unique learner.
Want to learn more before applying? We encourage you to attend one of our open house events.
The admissions process starts with a parent tour and meeting during which we explore your child’s needs, strengths, learning experiences, and your aspirations for them. This is an important first step to uncovering whether your student will thrive at Mackintosh.
Schedule a Tour
The full picture of your child is quintessential to the Mackintosh admissions process. We consider a range of evidence — their abilities, aptitudes, and potential giftedness — as well as results from cognitive testing. We also consider factors such as a child’s curiosity and enthusiasm. We are happy to provide you a list of providers for testing services.
Student Interview and Visit
After application submission, your child is invited to a virtual interview with the classroom teacher(s), so that we can get to know the child and complete some informal assessments. Students entering grades 3 and up will submit a writing sample. Interviews will be conducted between November 15 and January 15.
Prospective students will be invited to a “virtual visit” by participating in a Macknificent online activity with other prospects and current Mackintosh students. This allows your child to get a glimpse of our learning environment and experience inquiry-based learning first-hand. Macknificent activities, grouped by age, will be held in January and February of 2021. Prospects must attend at least one activity.
Could Mackintosh be a good fit for your child?
Is your kid a Mack kid?
- Is your child an inquirer who asks challenging questions?
- Do they always need to know “why” or “how” when they are learning?
- Do they like to go deep into a subject (though maybe not always in school)?
- Are they sensitive, caring and perceptive, often surprising you with their insights?
- Are they great with puzzles, numbers or reading or do they have a great vocabulary?
- Are they “fine” at school or even struggling but you sense they have great potential?
- When you see them in school, do you sometimes miss the amazing, creative, caring and spirited child you once knew?
If you answered “yes” to several of these questions, your child could be a Mack kid. We encourage you to reach out to find out more about who we are and what we do at Mackintosh Academy Littleton. We are always happy to hear from new families.