How to Apply
Mackintosh Academy’s admissions process ensures that the school is an excellent fit for your student. Through the admissions process, we get to know each child and the child’s first teachers—you, their parents! Together, we consider insights and seek to understand your child as a unique learner.
Want to learn more before applying? We encourage you to attend one of our open house events.
Campus Tour & Interview
The admissions process starts with a parent tour and meeting during which we explore your child’s needs, strengths, learning experiences, and your aspirations for them. This is an important first step to uncovering whether Mackintosh is a good fit for your student.
Schedule a Tour
The full picture of your child is quintessential to the Mackintosh admissions process. We consider a range of evidence — their abilities, aptitudes, and potential giftedness — as well as results from cognitive testing. We also consider factors such as a child’s curiosity and enthusiasm.
Apply Online or Request More Information
Student Classroom Visit
After application submission, your child is invited to spend a full day in the classroom with current Mackintosh students. Students experience Mackintosh’s exceptional learning environment firsthand, and our teachers begin to know your learners and their gifts.
Could Mackintosh be a good fit for your child?
Is your kid a Mack kid?
- Is your child an inquirer who asks challenging questions?
- Do they always need to know “why” or “how” when they are learning?
- Do they like to go deep into a subject (though maybe not always in school)?
- Are they sensitive, caring and perceptive, often surprising you with their insights?
- Are they great with puzzles, numbers or reading or do they have a great vocabulary?
- Are they “fine” at school or even struggling but you sense they have great potential?
- When you see them in school, do you sometimes miss the amazing, creative, caring and spirited child you once knew?
If you answered “yes” to several of these questions, your child could be a Mack kid. We encourage you to reach out to find out more about who we are and what we do at Mackintosh Academy Littleton. We are always happy to hear from new families.